Homecook meal

I felt like I was the luckiest guy on earth - my wife started to cook for me......yaaaaahooooooooooooooo !

To start with i had Kudzu Root Soup - Fen Ge in Mandarin, Fhan Kot in Cantonese



Kudzu Root Soup









Again using charcoal fire to boil this excellent soup that is rumored to be good to remove toxin from our body. Chuckle ! More picture of this excellent roots here.

We went out to Bentong wet market and i was sort of GIAN ( malay word for crave) when i saw Pucuk Paku. Cheap at only RM1.oo for a bundle which is enough for this dish.



Stir Fried Fiddlehead with Sambal Belacan







Simple to cook. Just like asparagus spears, cut away the bottom half ( the stem is too coarse for consumption unless you want to be a COW......lolz). Then trim the fiddlehead into 2 - 3 inches long. Sauteed some garlic, sambal belacan. Once fragrant, dump in the cleaned fiddlehead and sauteed till cook. Served hot... its so delish ( especially when your love one cooks them ) guarantee to lick even the plate...........(=^-^=).

This chicken dish, she wont tell the ingredient but i do believe there is Tomato Sauce, Chilli sauce, some spices ( i dunno what it is ), soy sauce and definitely white pepper powder. Who cares whats inside as long as it is yummy, right ??




Dunno What Chicken Dish








Fried some egg and then serve with organic rice .













Isnt that a wonderful meal from a working wife who is now recuperating ?? What can fight this meal , eh ?

(=^-^=) beaming with pleasure after a WONDERFUL meal.....

7 comments:

FBT said...

you are a lucky lucky man

Zurynee said...

Lucky you ;) I am still waiting for my husband to cook a full meal for me :(

FooDcrazEE said...

I am indeed....give his number, Zu... i sms dia suruh masak ler...manis kan ?

Eternity said...

i must thank you la, coz i never knew what "fann kot" was called in english! now i know. :)

that meal must have tasted warm and heavenly, despite the "dunno what chicken dish" since wifey took the effort to cook for you!

Tazz said...

I got the recipe for Sambal belacan from lin, till now, I still daren't try because I am allergic to dried shrimp! :( Sometimes when I am greedy, I just eat and then I will itch all over for couple of days. *lol*

FooDcrazEE said...

eternity - its both warm and tender. What with all the love poured into them and slowly simmer till the love gets thicker and stronger. Do add a dash or 2 of romance to spice up the dish. chuckle

Tazz - my fav cartoon character - dont eat prawn paste lar. substitute them with chilli flake and flavour with fish sauce.

boo_licious said...

Awww, so sweet of your wifey. That pucuk paku looks yummy - my fav dish.