Reading thru The Cooking Adventure of Chef Paz and decided to do this meme to make up my lack of post as I'm kinda lazy to cook. Didnt go anywhere special to makan, so, no pic as well...hhmmmmmm.
The Vegetable Meme
1. Do you like vegetables?
NO ! I love them
2. Do you have a favorite vegetable?
Not really but i do like crunchy vegetable like brocolli, brussel sprouts, etc
3. Is there any vegetable that you think (or know) most people don’t like, but that you find great?
Hmm...... guess that will be brussel sprout and i heard about chard.
I dont know ! Guess I just like the crunchiness and really, it all depends on how you cook them - ilike mine par boiled and then quick sauteed with chopped garlic.
4. Is there any vegetable that you think (or know) most people find great, but that you don’t love that much? Which experience did you have with it?
Hmm.......that would be canned asparagus. I find them offensively soft as in soggie. Yucky ! Hated them especially in Vietnamese Asparagus and Crab Meat Soup.
5. Which kinds of vegetable are unusual to you?
Chard , i guess. Havent have a chance to taste them...anywhere we can buy them in Malaysia ?? especially in Klang Valley ? What about Kale ? Anyone where to buy ?
6. Name a couple of vegetables that you cook or eat.
Thats kinda tough - too many to mention, lets say brocolli, tomato ( isnt that a fruit? ), choy sum, etc........
7. Which vegetables do you want to know more and bring into you kitchen more frequently?
Really interested in Kale and Chard. Never had a chance to taste and cook them. Any tips anyone ?
8. Some thoughts about vegetables.
Used to hate vegertables when I was a child and I guess its during my stint in HCMC, Vietnam that changes me...now I cant live without them...even those i hated when i was a kid...Gourds even...my fav i still bitter gourd...chuckle
9. Name a great cookbook on vegetables.
I dont really have that many cook books - so, any suggestion ?
Not tagging anyone. Feel free to do the meme...