Meme - Vegetable

Reading thru The Cooking Adventure of Chef Paz and decided to do this meme to make up my lack of post as I'm kinda lazy to cook. Didnt go anywhere special to makan, so, no pic as well...hhmmmmmm.

Here goes

The Vegetable Meme

1. Do you like vegetables?
NO ! I love them

2. Do you have a favorite vegetable?

Not really but i do like crunchy vegetable like brocolli, brussel sprouts, etc

3. Is there any vegetable that you think (or know) most people don’t like, but that you find great?

Hmm...... guess that will be brussel sprout and i heard about chard.


Why?

I dont know ! Guess I just like the crunchiness and really, it all depends on how you cook them - ilike mine par boiled and then quick sauteed with chopped garlic.

4. Is there any vegetable that you think (or know) most people find great, but that you don’t love that much? Which experience did you have with it?

Hmm.......that would be canned asparagus. I find them offensively soft as in soggie. Yucky ! Hated them especially in Vietnamese Asparagus and Crab Meat Soup.

5. Which kinds of vegetable are unusual to you?

Chard , i guess. Havent have a chance to taste them...anywhere we can buy them in Malaysia ?? especially in Klang Valley ? What about Kale ? Anyone where to buy ?


6. Name a couple of vegetables that you cook or eat.

Thats kinda tough - too many to mention, lets say brocolli, tomato ( isnt that a fruit? ), choy sum, etc........

7. Which vegetables do you want to know more and bring into you kitchen more frequently?

Really interested in Kale and Chard. Never had a chance to taste and cook them. Any tips anyone ?

8. Some thoughts about vegetables.


Used to hate vegertables when I was a child and I guess its during my stint in HCMC, Vietnam that changes me...now I cant live without them...even those i hated when i was a kid...Gourds even...my fav i still bitter gourd...chuckle

9. Name a great cookbook on vegetables.

I dont really have that many cook books - so, any suggestion ?

Not tagging anyone. Feel free to do the meme...

Cheers !

6 comments:

Eternity said...

hard to find a guy who likes vege, you know... :)

FooDcrazEE said...

Toten - Lima beans sucks unless u want to fatulence all the way to .........


Eternity - hey! its good food and guys must also eat vege for their health....guys above 30 that is..below that, we dont care.....lolz

Unknown said...

I love vegetables. In fact, I can't eat a meal that has no veg. I feel like I'm chocking.
Chard tastes a little bitterish than bok choy & the leaves are thicker. So, got to cook it longer. I cook it with lentils & dried prawns.

Van Cong Tu said...

I like veggies but not vegetarian, Vegetarian is a night mare. Scare to have friends like that to join dinner because we can't really order what we want when we share our dishes :)

FooDcrazEE said...

Paz - it is...thanx for the meme

Pushpa - thought that as well but cant buy them in Malaysia..

Tu - definitely not vegan - too difficult a life for me...

little pomelo said...

Hey,
thanks for previously dropping by my site :)

I love vegies too, and I find burssel sprouts as a great-tasting vegie :) I love them sauteed with garlic or baked with fish.

I had a bad experience with kale and chard, so I better not say anything about them. :p